Portable surface roughness tester with a touch-panel LCD and a built-in printer
- Graphic display of measured profile
- Easy-to-operate touch-panel
- Built-in printer and battery operation
- JIS/DIN/ISO/ANSI compatible 25 evaluation parameters and 3 analysis graphs
- 300μm wide measuring range detector
- Statistical processing function included
- Compatible with PC based Surfpak-SJ software
- Dual power supply (AC adapter/Rechargeable battery)
- Auto-sleep function for power conversion
Conforming to various standards
- Conforming to the JIS (1994-1998), ISO, DIN, and ANSI standards.
- Additionally, the horizontal roughness parameters S, Sm, tp (mr) can be reported. The SJ-301 also performs such special parameters as plateau rate and RK-related parameters.
Storing measurement conditions and data
- The SJ-301 main unit can store a maximum of 5 sets of measuring conditions. Individual measuring conditions can be selected for each workpiece.
- The measuring conditions stored in the SJ-301 can be recalled and switched by direct key operations.
- Measured data can be saved at the measurement site & be printed out or recalculated later.
- By using an optional memory card, a maximum of 20 sets of measuring conditions, measured data, and statistical results can be stored.
- This function limits touch panel operation to prevent the detector calibration data and measuring conditions from being altered or deleted.
- Measuring conditions can be easily controlled among multiple users. Resistance to environment
- The SJ-301 keypads have excellent durability — No need to worry about oil stains from the user’s hands.
Reading profiles in the LCD window
- Measurement results and analysis profiles can be read in the LCD window.
- Signal waves can be scrolled smaller or larger, enabling the operator to read fine details.
High-speed thermal printer
- Equipped with a highly sophisticated, high-speed thermal printer.
- Selectable orientation for printout — Choose the portrait for conventional printout or the landscape for printing out the image as it is displayed.
- BAC (Bearing Area Curved ADC (Amplitude Distribution Curve) can be printed out.
Statistical analysis functions
- Statistical analysis of one parameter is possible.
- Displays and prints frequency histograms as well as statistical calculation results (average, standard deviation, maximum value, minimum value, pass ratio).
- Calibration can be easily performed by simply inputting and measuring the Ra value inscribed on the roughness reference specimen.
- No adjustment with a tool, such as a volume adjustment, etc. is required. GO/NG judgment function
- Tolerance values in three-steps can be set for the surface roughness parameters
- Judgment symbol is displayed in the result display for a quick judgment of GO/NG.
- The user can select only the parameters needed from a variety of surface roughness parameters provided.
- A built-in battery in the SJ-301 makes it possible to inspect surface roughness even at a site where there is no electrical outlet available.
- Portable and convenient — the drive unit and the detector can be stored in the display unit. (Carrying case is a standard accessory.)
- Measurement can be performed while the display unit is in the carrying case. The carrying case can be used to protect the display unit.
Arbitrary evaluation length
- An arbitrary evaluation length within the range of 0.3 mm - 12.5 mm (Unit: 0.1 mm)
- can be set.
- Measurement in a limited space, where measurement is difficult under the measuring conditions in accordance with JIS standards, is made possible by using the start-up OFF function.
One-step detector replacement
- Special detectors are available for measurements that cannot be performed with a standard detector - such as measurement of small-diameters and deep-grooves.
- No tool is required for replacing the detector. Simply pull out and insert a detector.
- Just one SJ-301 can perform measurement on a variety of workpiece's, since various types of detectors, depending on the workpiece, can be used.
- SJ-301 employs a differential inductance method, which is used in high-end models.
- Measurement with a high-accuracy and a wide measuring range of 300μm.
- Parameters that require high-accuracy feed such as SM and S can be measured with the SJ-301.
- The detector can be retracted into the drive unit when the SJ-301 is not performing a measurement.
Selectable language for display/ printout
- Display/ printout language is selectable from among English, German, French, Italian and Japanese.